Social Bookmarking Genius Pro (Module) for Joomla!
- Joomla Version Compatibility Information – This package includes 1 Module:
- Social Bookmarking Genius Free for Joomla! 2.5-3.x (Module)
- Social Bookmarking Buttons (Sites) Currently Supported (67 Total): Bebo, Bibsonomy, Bizsugar, Blinklist, Blogger, Blogmarks, Blokube, Blurpalicious, Buddymarks, Buffer, Care2, Connotea, Delicious, DesignBump, DesignFloat, Digg, Diigo, Dropjack, Dzone, Ekstreme, Evernote, Facebook, Fark, Faves, Feedmarker, Folkd, Friendfeed, Fwisp, Gabbr, Givealink, Google, Google Share, Hyves, Identica, Jamespot, Jumptags, Linkagogo, Linkarena, Linkedin, Mefeedia, Misterwong, Multiply, Myspace, Netlog, Netvouz, Newsvine, Orkut, Plaxo, Plurk, Posterous, Reddit, Slashdot, Speedtile, Stumbleupon, Technorati, ThisNext, Tumblr, TweetMeme, Twitter, Twitthis, Typepad, Viadeo, Windows Live, Wirefan, WordPress, Xanga and Xing.
- This Social Bookmarking Extension for Joomla is designed to allow you to easily create convenient Social Bookmarking Buttons for the members and guests on your website to Bookmark, Share, Like, or Recommend interesting articles or content they find on your site on the top social media sites and social bookmarking sites online.
- Clicking on one of the Bookmarking Buttons takes the user directly to the Bookmarking Submission Page, Social Share Submission Page, or Social Recommendation Page on the selected site and then Automatically Populates the url and title of the Current Page or Current Article directly into the submission form.
- The person creating the bookmark must have an active account and be logged in to submit a bookmark using any of these services.
- If you plan to display any of these bookmarking buttons on your own website, I would recommend creating an account with that service and trying the bookmarking procedure yourself so you know what your guests are experiencing and you know how the process works.
Installation Instructions (Module):
- Download the Module that you wish to install from our website.
- Unzip the package using a compression utility such as winzip or winrar.
- Login to your joomla backend and click ‘Extension Manager”.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and find the location where you saved the download to your computer.
- Select the module that you wish to install.
- Press ‘Upload & Install’.
- Under ‘Extensions’ on the Menu select ‘Module Manager’.
- In ‘Filter’ type ‘Bookmarking’ and click ‘Go’.
- Click on ‘Social Bookmarking’ to open the Module Configuration.
Custom Social Bookmarking Button Creation Instructions:
- First choose a Social Bookmarking Button image icon. (size should be 64 x 64 or 32 x 32).
- The Social Bookmarking Button image icon needs to be uploaded to the correct folder using an ftp client.
- For the plugin the path to the correct folder would be ‘../plugins/system/geniusicons’.
- For the module the path to the correct folder would be ‘../modules/mod_bookmarkinggenius/icons’.
- The filename of the Social Bookmarking Button image icon must be the same as the name that you choose for the ‘Social Bookmarking Site Name’. Example: If you were adding a new link to a website called ‘BookmarkHeaven’ then you would name your Social Bookmarking Button image icon ‘bookmarkheaven.png’.
- The Social Bookmarking Button image icon name must be all lower case. The Social Bookmarking Site name can contain either upper or lower case letters but no spaces.
- You will need to create and include a connection string. Connection strings should be parsed correctly for a url. Standard url formatting applies.
- Two optional substitution parameters are available in the connection string: $url and $title2.
- $url will be replaced by the Current Url of the Article or Page.
- $title2 will be replaced by the Current Title of the Article or Page.