Twitter Timeline Genius for Joomla!
Display any type of Twitter Timeline Widget easily without installing embed codes or knowing any HTML on your Joomla 2.5 or 3.x website. Custom styling is also available without the need for any knowledge of CSS.
Types of Twitter Timeline Widget available for display using this module (display any 1, 2, or even all 5 of the different Timeline Feeds supported):
- Twitter Timeline Widget With Individual User Tweets for any Public Twitter User
- Twitter Timeline Widget Showing of all Favorites for any Public Twitter User
- Twitter Timeline Widget of any Twitter List
- Twitter Timeline Widget of any Search Query or Hashtag Stream
- Twitter Timeline Widget of a Custom Defined Feed
Styling and customization options available for each Timeline Timeline Widget:
Embedded timelines are available in light and dark themes for customization. The light theme is for pages that use a white or light-colored background and follows the twitter.com aesthetic, while the dark theme is for pages that use a black or dark color background and looks more like Tweetdeck.
As with your twitter.com profile, you may choose a custom link color for your embedded timelines so that the content matches the links of your website and feels integrated into the color palette of your site.
For sites where the theme and link color do not provide enough customization to make the Tweets feel like they’re a part of the page, we offer a set of additional customization features. These settings allow you to control the background color, borders, header, and footer of the timeline.
All of the following style variations are available in the module configuration settings for each Twitter Timeline Widget:
- Theme: Light or Dark.
- Link color: Note that some icons in the widget will also appear this color.
- Width: (units are pixels.)
- Height: (units are pixels.)
- Styling: Controls the widget layout and appearance:
- noheader: Hides the timeline header.
- nofooter: Hides the timeline footer and Tweet box, if included in the Twitter Timeline Widget you choose.
- noborders: Removes all borders within the widget (between Tweets, cards, around the widget.) See also: border-color .
- noscrollbar: Crops and hides the main timeline scrollbar, if visible. Please consider that hiding standard user interface components can affect the accessibility of your website.
- transparent: Removes the background color.
- Border color: Change the border color used by the widget. Takes an #abc123 hex format color.
- Language: The widget language is detected from the page, based on the HTML lang attribute of your content. You can also set the HTML lang attribute manually.
- Tweet limit: To fix the size of a timeline to a preset number of Tweets use this setting. Since the widget is of a fixed size, it will not poll for updates when using this option.
- Web Intent Related Users: As per the Tweet and follow buttons, you may provide a comma-separated list of user screen names as suggested followers to a user after they reply, Retweet, or favorite a Tweet in the timeline.
Installation and Configuration
- Download the Module from our website.
- Login to your Joomla backend and click ‘Extension Manager”.
- Click the ‘Browse’ button and find the location where you saved the download to your computer.
- Select the module that you wish to install.
- Press ‘Upload & Install’.
- Under ‘Extensions’ on the Menu select ‘Module Manager’.
- In ‘Filter’ type ‘Twitter’ and click ‘Go’.
- Click on ‘Twitter Timeline Genius’ to open the Module Configuration.
- Set your module position.
- Change the module status to ‘Published’.
- Set your menu assignment to the pages where you wish the module to display.
- Select the Timelines that you wish to display and enable them.
- Log into your Twitter account and search for Twitter Widget (or use this link https://twitter.com/settings/widgets).
- Using Twitter create the type of Widget you wish to display and save it.
- It is important that you create a Twitter Widget of the same type that you select in the Joomla module.
- Click on the embed code and look for the ‘Twitter ID’ number (you will need this in the Joomla configuration).
- Place the Twitter ID number from the Twitter Embed Code into the Joomla module settings and save your work.
It is also possible to override the TwitterID for the first 3 types of Twitter Timeline Widget. (Note: Leave your Feed ID there also.)
If you create an individual Twitter Timeline Feed in your account, you can override your Twitter Feed ID and display another public user’s feed by simply putting their ‘Screen Name’ in the module settings along with your Twitter Feed ID.
You can also override the Favorites Twitter Timeline Widget so if you wish to display someone Else’s Favorites you can put that users ‘Screen Name’ in the settings for the Favorites Timeline.
The List Twitter Timeline Widget can also be modified to display any list if you put the list owner’s ‘Screen Name’ and the actual ‘List Name’ in the settings for the List Timeline.
You cannot override the Twitter Feed ID for the Search Feed or the Custom Feed.